Street Level Youth Media


So I realize that most people really like flash, but I am truly not a real big fan of it. I usually find it kind of annoying and I feel that most websites such as Street-Level Youth Media use it to basically make a site look "flashy." This takes me to the Stree-Level Youth Media home page which has an overall nice clean design minus the rotating images and categories of their site which was created in flash. Once you dive more into the site, the format of the site looks really clean and very sharp. You can tell that whoever created this site does have some design skills. For example, it has a great looking logo on the corner which brings you back to the home page. Next to the logo the designer(s) placed the address which I think is very effective. Additionally, the copy and the font choices are easy to read. My gripes of ideas for change, would be the tab sections. There are two too many sets of tabs. I think it would make more sense if it functioned as more of a drop down menu. Even though it does work, I think this one change would make the site more user friendly.

Beyond the critique of the website, Street-Level Youth Media seems like a great organization. I think that this is a great concept for a school,offering after-school and summer programs to 8-22 year olds who are interested in different types of media production workshops. After reading about it, I thought that if I was back in high school, I would have loved to enroll in some of these classes. On that note, I'll definitely share this site with my students.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Kirsten's Art...Cyber...Edu...Blog - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template