Stockyard Institute of Chicago

Another website critique...
This week I am reviewing the The Stockyard Institute of Chicago. Its an organization whose mission is to offer "alternative collaborative project, programs, collaborative workshops, exhibits and shared publications, in an exchange of energy, support and practice in contemporary art and pedagogy with a vast group of producers." The Stockyard Institute states that "it is aligned with many groups and organizations in Chicago and has a direct association in working with underserved youth, issues of experimental learning and pedagogy, public art and life in the city."

After researching the site, it seems as if this great organization which does fulfill its mission of offering an open forum of exploratory ideas and collaborations. As a teaching artist, I was inspired by the resource section of this site which offered some interesting ideas from Jim Duignan, a member of the Stockyard Institute and creator of the website.

In terms of the site's design, I appreciate the overall simplicity of the site. Additionally, I like the fonts used, the images which look like everyone is in pretty interesting conversations and the overall color scheme. The one area where I would improve on the site is the organization of the pages. I did not like how you had to scroll down fairly far to read information on each page. If I were to change it, I would place the content up high on the page.

After looking at this site, I am also curious about the site "Delicious" that Jim Duignan used in saving work. Does anyone know much about it?




0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Kirsten's Art...Cyber...Edu...Blog - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template