Community Arts Network

Wow! What a wonderful wealth of information in the Community Arts Network site. My initial reaction to this site was that I wish I had know about it years ago. It's an amazing resource for a "teaching artist" and as a graduate student in art education as its mission is to promote information exchange, research and critical dialogue within the field of community-based arts. It might not be the most visually stimulating site, but the content is well written and organized. Furthermore, I love, love, love the way it is set up for a community of artists across all disciplines and all populations. I also appreciate how the site has a search section on it. As I begin to write my thesis or need a resource for my own classroom, I will definitely be using this site as a reference.

I want to work for CAN, shameless ploy...

1 comments:

Cyberpedagogy said...

The CAN site is an excellent resource, and I've always really liked their approach to information gathering and community building. I do think that sometimes they've got a little much and it hits on the overwhelming content issue that some sites have, but overall an excellent resource.

Hey, Kirsten, you never know where work will take you...

Copyright © 2008 - Kirsten's Art...Cyber...Edu...Blog - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template